Tuesday, March 29, 2005

In My Mother's Womb

The doctors told my mum to have me aborted.

They advised her that I would probably not survive till full term, or even if I did, I would probably be born with defects.

My mom had to make a decision fast. She weighed the pros and cons.

My fate hung precariously in her hands. Insecurity sets in. My first 'taste' of rejection from the world.

Would she keep me? Would she snuff out my existence? Why did those doctors want me dead? Why are they rejecting me even before they meet me? How would they know that I was not going to survive? How could they be sure? If they can't be sure, why are they suggesting to my mom to have me aborted?

Mama, can you hear me? I wish to live! Let me live! I will do my best to survive...if only you would let me try...if only you would let me continue to exist. Please don't reject me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home