Monday, May 07, 2012

I'm Back!

After 7 years, I'm finally back here, writing and trying to clarify my thoughts by making them more 'visible' by capturing them in print.

So much has happened to me since I last posted on my blog in 2005.

The most significant things that have happened to me would be these two:
1. How I have stepped out of my old self to become a more independent and stronger person
2. What I have become today and continues to be transformed into becoming day by day

How did I get to become more independent and stronger? I was (quite literally) pushed into making changes in my life. From being a dependent wife, I became an independent one. I learned so much within  three years. The learning curve was steep! It sure was tough, but thanks to God, He enabled me to learn and He transformed me moment by moment; step by step; day by day; week by week; month by month; year by year.

Even in my darkest hour, God's love and loving kindness never failed to keep me safe and sound. Even when I went through the pain of a heartbreaking betrayal, I was never abandoned to fend for myself -God was always there for me!

When the pain in my legs became too much to bear, God cleared the way for me to obtain release from the daily grind: I prayed that He help me secure an approval for retirement with my pension and healthcare benefits given me, and God answered my prayer granting me what I asked for. Everyone I knew could not believe that it could happen, but it did. I got the approval and now I am a happy pensioner/retiree.

Since I no longer need to be standing on my feet and walking about / climbing stairs at the working place,  my legs are no longer in pain. At night, when I go to bed, I am able to fall asleep. I get to enjoy good quality sleep each night for a full eight hours. What a difference that has made in my health and in my well-being. I am no longer sleep-deprived, depressed and tormented by pain.

What I am most thankful for is how I have been granted good health and now am able to sit on the floor, cross-legged; flex my knees freely; kneel on a cushion without any pain; walk and run confidently with no fear of my legs giving way on me; climb up and down staircases like anyone else would; and sleep peacefully through each night without being awakened by pain in my legs. These are things that most healthy people would take for granted. Not for me! I am so thankful for these!

How I thank God for making all this possible for me! I believe it is only possible because of divine intervention. God is worthy of the glory due His name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home