Monday, July 25, 2005

Back to KP, finally!

Today, after months, I was finally able to go to KP to worship again!

I'm so full of thanksgiving!

I'm thankful that when I set off from home in the morning, despite the wheelchair-access way being blocked by my neighbour's car -yes,he's done it AGAIN!-, I was able to squeeze past in my wheelchair.

How did I manage that?

Well, on Saturday night, the Lord caused my husband to park his car in the lot next to the 'Reserved-for-Disabled' lot. On Sunday morning, after my husband left for work, his vacated lot provided additional space for me to wheel past my neighbour's car in the reserved lot.

While wheeling past my neighbour's Hyundai Sonata, my wheelchair got really close to it, but thankfully,with the lot next to it being still vacant (after my husband vacated from that lot, no other car came along to occupy it), there was ample space for me to manoeuvre my wheelchair past without any incident.

Smoothly and quickly, I was able to wheel past this obstacle onto the service road, and then past the polyclinic and onto the main road. By God's grace, and with His help, neither my wheelchair nor my neighbour's car was scratched.


Then, at KP, I managed to get into/out of the E2 hall without any difficulties. Everyone was so helpful, so full of loving concern, so warm and caring.


When we got home, I fell while getting down the stairs.
Thankfully, I wasn't hurt or injured...I think. This should be confirmed when I go for my medical review on 28 July.
I am most thankful that I didn't tumble down the stairs when I fell.
I thank God for having preserved me from harm or injury.


In the evening, Mum came. She had bought me some herbal and fish essence. She didn't know that I had taken a fall on the stairs in the afternoon. I dared not tell her, for fear that it would cause her worries and anxieties. We had a wonderful time together, watching ET on TV.

Then, Paul came along and passed me two bottles of Korean Ginseng given me by Claire.

It warms my heart to know that everyone around me is supportive and is cheering me on, each telling me in their own unique way (verbal as well as via actions) to not succumb to depression brought on by my temporal disability and immobility.

I am thankful for all the friends, brothers and sisters, and loved ones who have been so patient with me, and have remained so warm, caring, so full of loving concern, and so kind towards me.

Most of all, I'm thankful to God for having seen me through today. In fact, not just today. He sees me through each and every day. And for that, I'm most thankful to Him. My God is an awesome God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home