Saturday, July 16, 2005

One Feeble Step

Father, take me as I am. I can come no other way.
Just as I am, I come.

My sins, O God, are not hidden from you: you know how foolish I have been. Don't let me bring shame on those who trust in you, Sovereign LORD Almighty! Don't let me bring disgrace to those who worship you.

Create a pure heart in me, O God, and put a new and loyal spirit in me.

Thank you for the mind of Christ.

Lord Jesus, help me to fill my mind with those things that are good and that deserve praise : things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and honorable. Help me put into practice what you've taught me and given me, both from your word and from watching your life while you walked this earth 2000 years ago. Give me peace. Be with me.

If you would not take away the hurt and the pain, then, give me strength to bear up and to rejoice in you.

Yes, I will do as you challenge me : I will not only thank you for your abiding presence and love, I will not only thank you for the strength which you give in order for me to face the hurt, but I will thank you FOR the hurt and the pain.

Thank you for allowing the hurt and the pain to enter (and remain in) my life.
I believe and proclaim that you know exactly why it is necessary, you know what you are doing, and you are fully in control, absolutely in charge! I believe you are infallible and your wisdom is infinite. Hence, I know I need not try to squirm out of what you have ordained for me.

You know the larger picture, you have the full picture.
I trust you.

Help me to put my hope in you, to remain at peace and joyful. Teach me to rejoice and be thankful - NOT IN SPITE OF THE HURT, but to rejoice and be thankful FOR THE HURT.
Humanly speaking, this sounds foolish and impossible. But, in the name of Jesus, and in his resurrection power, I believe it is possible for me TO REJOICE AND BE THANKFUL FOR THE HURT.

You have brought to my mind a few others who have lived my kind of life (and who must have had a taste of what I face daily) for many years now. They remain faithful to you. They do not wallow in self-pity and are not focussing on their "piteous" state. I will take a lesson from them.

Lord, I turn my eyes upon you. Help me fix my gaze upon you, and you only.
LORD, I look up to you, up to heaven, where you rule.
As a servant depends on his master, as a maid depends on her mistress,
so will (I) keep looking to you, O LORD (my) God,
until you have mercy on us.
Be merciful to us, LORD, be merciful...


It is better to trust in the LORD than to depend on man.
My help will come from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.


If the LORD does not build the house, the work of the builders is useless;
If the LORD does not protect the city,
it is useless for the sentries to stand guard.
It is useless to work so hard for a living,
getting up early and going to bed late.
For the LORD provides for those he loves,
while they are asleep.
Children are a gift from the LORD;
they are a real blessing.

LORD, I have given up my pride and turned away from my arrogance.
I am not concerned with great matters or with subjects too difficult for me.
Instead, I am content and at peace.
As a child lies quietly in its mother's arms,
so my heart is quiet within me.

LORD, you have examined me and you know me.
You know everything I do;
from far away you understand all my thoughts,
You see me, whether I am working or resting;
you know all my actions.
Even before I speak,
you already know what I will say,
You are all round me on every side;
You protect me with your power.
Your knowledge of me is too deep;
it is beyond my understanding.

You created every part of me;
You put me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because you are to be feared;
all you do is strange and wonderful.
I know it with my heart.
When my bones were being formed,
carefully put together in my mother's womb,
when I was growing there in secret,
you knew that I was there -
you saw me before I was born.
The days alloted to me had all been recorded in your book,
before any of them ever began.
O God, how difficult I find your thoughts;
how many of them there are!
If I counted them, they would be more than the grains of sand.


Examine me, O God, and know my mind;
test me, and discover my thoughts.
Find out if there is any evil in me and guide me in the everlasting way.

Remind me each morning of your constant love for I put my trust in you.
My prayers go up to you;
show me the way I should go.

You are my God;
teach me to do your will.

I call to the Lord for help;
I plead with him.
I bring him all my complaints;
I tell him all my torubles.
When I am ready to give up,
he knows what I should do.

LORD, place a guard at my mouth,
a sentry at the door of my lips.
Keep me from wanting to do wrong.

I am like a burning stick saved from the fire...I come back to you. Help me make it my aim to do what is right. Help me to continually love what is right.

Help me do all my work in love.

Yes, Lord. Live out your life and your love through me.
Help me to do all my work in love, whether or not that love is reciprocated.

You have seen me through 19 years. You can, if needs be, and if it is according to the Father's will, you will see me through another 19, and then another 19, and more, if it is necessary to go on. For as long as it is according to the Father's will and as long as you deem necessary.

Only help me...for I am weak.
In Christ, I can be strong.
Remain in me and help me to remain in you, always.

Lord of the pain, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home