Saturday, April 02, 2005

I Dream

I have a dream.

Mine is not a "lofty" dream. It is fully attainable...but hard to achieve. It will become a reality only if and when my husband and children share my conviction and are willing to help me fulfill my dream.

If it is in line with God's will....only He can make it become a reality...for it involves transforming hearts and mindsets, it involves shaping values, re-evaluating and re-defining values, setting and tempering or managing expectations and the surrender of will. These are areas in our lives which only God has unlimited access and supreme control over.

My dream is simple : it is to be able to live a simple, uncluttered life.

My dream is to be able to
  • focus on God in greater depths of knowledge and intimacy; to know Him in ways unknown before
  • personally tend to the needs of my family
  • keep house in a small apartment, one that is "Mimi-sized" in terms of 'manageability'
  • have all the time to be diligent in reading, absorbing, reflecting, thinking, meditating, praying, writing, resting, worshipping, sharing, encouraging, discovering and learning
  • have the mobility to get up and go do things such as visiting to encourage, comfort, help, pray and befriend the home-confined, the neglected, the poor and the lonely
  • BE. Simply to be. And to become. And not have to do, do, do.

And of course, there are those dreams from my childhood, which, to this day remain unfulfilled...

  • learn at university and become qualified, knowledgeable and be even more stimulated to learn...to continue to learn...to never stop having the curiousity to learn new things
  • experience the four seasons
  • to immerse myself in another culture...to learn the culture and its customs, to learn a new language to the level of being able to serve as an interpretor and maybe even, to translate from that language into English and vice versa
  • sail with MV Logos or MV Doulos for a few years and be actively involved and immersed in its ministry and life on board
  • enjoy prayer, bible-reading, sharing, giving and receiving encouragement and spiritual edification from fellowshipping with my husband and children(+ their spouses, and their children, in time to come)
  • serve my fellow-men around the world via MV Doulos' or MV Logos' ministry
  • teach English and basic literacy skills to people (children and adults alike) in poor countries so that they can become literate and can read the bible to receive hope, love, peace and salvation from the Lord and be reconciled to God

Can these ever become reality?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m due to finish university in a year or so and am considering going backpacking across Asia, iv heard the countryside is beautiful and the people are so spiritual I think it could be an amazing opportunity to see the world. However I can only speak English and basic French, does anybody know if I would need to learn Hindi? Another problem is how to go about learning Hindi, or any other language that I would need! Is there any good language learning software available that’s pretty cheap?

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home