Monday, April 18, 2005

Live, Liver, Live

Today, the doctor told me :

As to whether you should go ahead with the surgery at NUH on May 4, I am unable to give you an opinion...the results over at my side are inconclusive...

At this juncture, I can only say that while your liver is still functioning well, it is 99% fatty and it is inflamed.

As to what NUH said about your current Hep B Carrier status, I am not in the position to comment on their findings.... If they have discovered anything, it is up to them to further investigate and come to their own conclusive findings.

What I'm going to do for you is that I'll have your blood tested one more time today and we'll review the results again next week. So, I'll see you again next Monday.

Upon hearing that, I couldn't help but feel lost and confused for a while.

What should I do now?

Should I go ahead with my stem cell harvesting and transplant or not?
Will I be fit enough to undergo the two surgeries?

But, my left knee hurts and needs to be fixed...

I gave Prof Hui a phone call and told him about the outcome of today's visit to SGH.

He asked me to keep him informed, to call him as soon as today's blood test results yield any findings.

After further discussion, we decided :
1. We will tentatively keep to the appointed surgery date for the stem cell harvesting ( May 4).
2. We will refrain from harvesting only if today's blood test yields 'adverse' results.

I agreed to give Prof Hui another phone call after next Monday's visit to SGH. I hope all will work out smoothly.




Sigh...on Saturday night, one of my colleagues told me over the phone that the VP wants me to set up and host an on-line 'Aunt Agony' kind of thingy for counselling my charges who are facing problems.

I was told I would have to set up and man a booth, as well as to do a demonstration on the day when the DD was coming for a visit.

The DD happens to be coming for a visit on the same day which I'm supposed to be at NUH for a pre-surgery examination...that is when the doctor would give me a thorough check-up to ascertain if I am (at that point of time) healthy and fit to go ahead with the surgery on the next day.

When I go for my pre-surgery medical examination, I hope my VP would not misunderstand and think that I'm trying to skive or 'siem' from the DD.

Aiyah! Can't help it lah! Gotta go means gotta go, right? What to do? <shrug>

I'll cross the bridge when I come to it...





1 Comments:

Blogger Jianghuaner said...

if you need help with online stuff, you know you've got me la

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home