Friday, May 13, 2005

I've Got Mail!

I was elated to receive an email from a loved one today.

The last time which I was so elated in receiving news from her was when she was away in Beijing and Hong Kong.

Of course, there was that other time when she was away. She was not at home but did not choose to make contact till quite a few days later...then, I was on tenterhooks! I remember the mixed feelings I had had to deal with then. On the one hand, I longed to receive news from her but on the other, I was also fearful - morbidly imagining the worst - that I should receive 'bad' news.

Today, I read the email she wrote and was again having mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I was relieved to learn that she was well and happy. What was most comforting was to learn that she seemed to be doing a great job at taking care of herself.

Yet, on the other hand, I was sad to realise that she'd withdrawn, yet once again, into the "comfort" of her own "shell" again. She has chosen to be alone, again.

Lord, heal her. Heal her heart, heal her emotional wounds, heal her spirit, heal her soul. Soothe and calm her inner turmoil and struggles. Help her to be the person you planned for her to be when you created her.

You have promised us that you will be our all in all ...You are the great I Am.

I pray you will help us relate to you as such and to grow in our knowledge of you as the great I Am...the One who is able to meet us just as we are and to meet our needs accordingly.

Thank you. Standing before you, we need not pretend and can simply be who we are. Thank you for loving us unconditionally. Thank you for moulding us continually and causing us to grow to become a better person...that as far as you are concerned, we are all still "Work In Progress".

Thank you for not giving up on us. Thank you for promising that you will never leave us nor abandon us. Thank you that, even though we can never be good enough, you will never turn us away. In Christ, we can always come right into your holy presence, just as we are.

Thank you for your grace and mercy. Thank you.

Help us to view ourselves honestly and truthfully in your light, in your perspective, with your eyes. That is possible because you have given us the mind of Christ. Thank you.

Teach us to love ourselves in the very same way in which you cherish and love us.

Help us to love others as we love ourselves.

But above all, enable us to love you with all our hearts, mind, soul and strength.

Help us to be teachable, always.

"The Lord says, 'I will teach you the way you should go; I will instruct you and advise you. don't be stupid like a horse or a mule, which must be controlled with a bit and bridle to make it submit." - Psalm 32:8(TEV)


"My God loves me and will come to me..." - Psalm 59:10(TEV)

"Can a woman forget her own baby and not love the child she bore? Even if a mother should forget her child, I will never forget you...I can never forget you. I have written your name on the palms of my hands...then you will know that I am the LORD; no one who waits for my help will be disappointed." -Isaiah 49:15,16,23 (TEV)


"The mountains and hills may crumble but my love for you will never end; I will keep for ever my promise of peace," so says the LORD who loves you." - Isaiah 54:10 (TEV)

"Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. " - John 14:27 (TEV)

"How many times have I wanted to put my arms around all your people, just as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you would not let me!" - Luke 13:34 (TEV)

"I took my people up in my arms but they did not acknowledge that I took care of them. I drew them to me with affection and love. I pick them up and held them to my cheek; I bent down to them and fed them. They refused to return to me...How can I abandon you?...My heart will not let me do it. My love for you is too strong....For I am God and not man. I, the holy One, am with you. " -Hosea 11:3-5,8,9 (TEV)

"I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for. Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will answer you. You will seek me, and you will find me because you will seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:11-13 (TEV)

"His love for us is strong and his faithfulness is eternal. Praise the LORD!" - Psalm 117:2,3 (TEV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home